02
My blog has moved!
03
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://texascouponchicks.net
and update your bookmarks.
04
05 06

Thursday, April 1, 2010

National Donate Life Month (Why its so important My dtr)

I've posted this before but decided to repost due to new followers!!!
So April is National Donate Life Month. For the ones that know me know that my middle child Alexis recieved a liver transplant on 7-1-08. Before this all happened I was completely clueless of organ donations. I believed all the myths out there and myself was not a Organ Donor. Well, when her liver failed out of the blues she wasn't born with liver disease and she didnt get Hepatitis. It just failed. She had accute Liver failure and only had one week to live. She was placed on the National Donors List at the most critical. Couple days later a offer came in they had found her a match. If it wasn't for the family of that young boy to make the selfless decision to donate their decease son's organs my Lexi (or Big Lex) she likes to be called wouldn't be here today. I thank them everyday for that. So my plea is to you! If you believe in Organ Donation please become a organ donor!! You can do so by going to Donate Life and register to be a donor!!!

So, if you can help me spread the word about organ donation that would be truly awesome!!! The year that my daughter went into the hospital and was told she needed a transplant to survive there were so many children that needed Liver Transplants not to mention the rest that needed Heart, bone marrow, tissue, etc.

The need for organs is overwhelming.
One person can save as many as 8 lives with organ donations. There is no cost to the family. The Drs. do all they can to save your life when your a donor. Decisions are made once the person is deceased. Organ donation is one thing that money can't buy. It is based on the severity of your illness, blood type, how long you've waited etc. Most relligions in the United States support Organ Donation.

So, If I've offended you I am sorry. This is something special to me and my family. My daugther is now 11 and she is living life as if she has never had a major surgery. She was a basketball player and is starting to get back into that!! This year she will be in softball camp and is doing outstanding in school. She's picking on her little sister as before and has just become Alexis again. She also is being sent by Make A Wish to Walt Disney World this summer. With out the donation none of this would of been possible!! I pray every night for the family that gave the gift of life and at first didn't know how I could be happy for my child living while they were grieving over their son. God has been a great factor in our lives and he knows that we are truly greatful and also feel for Hayden's family as well.

Please don't take your Organs to Heaven, God knows we need them down here!!!

This is my Big Lex



0 comments:

SUBSCRIBE NOW